Less time with her first child when the second comes, raising a mixed child, aspirations for your child, attention to who your kid is rather than who they become, being present with your kids as they enter teenage years, and when a single mom thinks about reentering dating. Plus Size Model and Activist Denise Bidot shares special moments and aspirations with hosts Stacy Igel and Michelle Park.
(Denise’s Instagram: @denisebidot)
Presented by Keepsake Frames. Print, frame your photos easily and fast from your phone – handmade in the USA and delivered with free shipping. Use discount code #MOMSGOTTHIS at www.keepsakeframes.com for 30% off first order.
- Stacy on keeping old fashion pieces
- Michelle shares a Korean term “Cold Rice” – won’t have same amount of attention for first child with a second child
- There’s no handbook on raising a mixed child
- Denise shocked when her daughter referred to “her people”, despite Black History Month, context of slavery at 6 or 7 years old, a likely activist
- Aspirations for Denise’s daughter: Lawyer? Activist?
- Denise has focus for her daughter’s future: not as much what she does as who she is when she does it
- Working on raising a strong independent woman
- When her daughter said she’s ready for modeling
- Ready for the world
- Denise will support her daughter as her mom supported her
- Just take them as far as you can and be with them and support them
- Denise is thankful to live passion/dreams and have a successful life
- Wanting to be present with her daughter as she enters teens
- Are Denise and her daughter like the Gilmore Girls?
- Is dating in Denise’s future?
Denise Bidot is a plus size model, activist and pioneer of the widely acclaimed body positivity movement. Bidot, a Latina-Arab Miami native, has defied fashions standards since being discovered on a photo shoot back in 2006 where she was working as a makeup artist. Soon after, her modeling career took off and she became one of the most sought models in the curve category. Being the first plus size model to walk multiple runways during New York Fashion Week, her mission has and always will be to utilize her voice to promote change in the way the fashion industry views women and what it means to have a healthy body. As the founder of the No Wrong Way Movement, Bidot is an outspoken critic of representation in the fashion industry, starring in progressive advertisements for companies like Lane Bryant, Target and Dove, who notoriously push the envelope of fashion’s restrictive beauty standards. As a single mother of 10 year old daughter Joselyn, Bidot looks at the younger generation as her inspiration to continue to break down barriers when it comes to self love and acceptance. Bidot is based in New York City where she lives with her daughter and their adorable puppy Millie. For more information, please visit www.denisebidot.com.
To share your #MOMSGOTTHIS MOMENT just call 833-844-THIS-MOM (833-844-7666) and leave a voicemail with your first name and city along with your moment.