Recommended learning apps for young kids, the mom-bun secret, a virtual walk to school, handling pickups and drop offs as a busy working parent, an incredible babysitting service of artists, an absence of playdates, and mother-daughter massage time. Plus Size Model and Activist Denise Bidot shares her mom products and solutions with hosts Stacy Igel and Michelle Park.
(Denise’s Instagram: @denisebidot)
Support for today’s episode comes from luxury footwear brand Tamara Mellon. Visit tamaramellon.com today to receive a $100 gift toward your first order using code MOMS100!
In this episode:
- Stacy’s friend created an app Monty’s BackYard Adventure, for 2-5 year-olds, learning shapes and numbers, loved it, cute app
- Michelle recommends Endless Reader app, anytime Michelle needs her daughter to sit still, will move letters around and sounds out words
- Denise’s mom-bun secret
- Denise on allowing her child to walk to school alone, and avoiding being overprotective, allowing her to grow and stretch
- Facetime while her daughter goes to school, like a virtual walk to school
- Why Denise feels iPhone is the biggest tech need as a parent
- Being able to touch others daily, and new is multiple-people
- Pickups, not having full time help, trying to be hands on as a single mother, drop off almost every morning, but can’t always pick her up, after school activities until 6
- Amazing “Artist Babysitting”, helps find childcare, artists who do babysitting in between gigs and auditions, excellent childcare women and men, Denise’s daughter has been able to explore NYC with these people, had the opportunity to keep meeting new people
- Why Denise never did playdates when her daughter was young, and how she felt judged
- Nail time, salon time, massage time, explored together
- The value of massages for young and old
Denise Bidot is a plus size model, activist and pioneer of the widely acclaimed body positivity movement. Bidot, a Latina-Arab Miami native, has defied fashions standards since being discovered on a photo shoot back in 2006 where she was working as a makeup artist. Soon after, her modeling career took off and she became one of the most sought models in the curve category. Being the first plus size model to walk multiple runways during New York Fashion Week, her mission has and always will be to utilize her voice to promote change in the way the fashion industry views women and what it means to have a healthy body. As the founder of the No Wrong Way Movement, Bidot is an outspoken critic of representation in the fashion industry, starring in progressive advertisements for companies like Lane Bryant, Target and Dove, who notoriously push the envelope of fashion’s restrictive beauty standards. As a single mother of 10 year old daughter Joselyn, Bidot looks at the younger generation as her inspiration to continue to break down barriers when it comes to self love and acceptance. Bidot is based in New York City where she lives with her daughter and their adorable puppy Millie. For more information, please visit www.denisebidot.com.
To share your #MOMSGOTTHIS MOMENT just call 833-844-THIS-MOM (833-844-7666) and leave a voicemail with your first name and city along with your moment.