Breaking down in front of your child, admitting to emotion and owning it to your kids, nobody needs to be perfect, apologizing to children, creating healthy humans, launching a new wellness business, living life like Chinese medicine, how a family is like an ecosystem, defining the job of a parent, and kids are intuitive. Acupuncturist and traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner Deb Ruffalo Ross shares her mom moments and aspirations with hosts Stacy Igel and Michelle Park.
Presented by Keepsake Frames. Print, frame your photos easily and fast from your phone – handmade in the USA and delivered with free shipping. Use discount code #MOMSGOTTHIS at www.keepsakeframes.com for 30% off first order.
In this episode:
- Michelle on going through baby stuff to prep for second one, and got brought back, remembering all you did to keep a kid alive
- Those last minutes trying to get out the door every day
- When you’re going to lose it, if you lose it, say that you lost it and apologize to the kids
- You’re not perfect, and they should not expect you to be perfect, and they shouldn’t feel like you need them to be perfect
- Saying you’re sorry
- Creating healthy humans
- When Stacy started crying and had a moment, first time breaking down in front of her son
- Next part of Deb’s business is creating a place to get healthy
- The Well Center, focused on retreats, meditation, utilizing her network, allowing clients to have a place they feel safe, a solution, a place to feel heard
- Being prepared to launch into a startup, sacrificing numb-out time
- Being at ease prevents disease
- Viewing life in general as Chinese medicine, macro is microcosm of home life, moderation, flexibility, never too much of one thing, balance
- Finding flexibility in the moment
- Not trying to be “Buddha on the mountain”
- Family is an ecosystem, learn, take, feel together
- Being sympathetic, symbiotic as a parent
- The job as parent is to let kids be the best version of themselves
- Evolving where you’re at, not where you think you want to be in future
- How kids are very intuitive, they get it
To share your #MOMSGOTTHIS MOMENT just call 833-844-THIS-MOM (833-844-7666) and leave a voicemail with your first name and city along with your moment.