When your kid asks how your day was, seeing your son play in a band on an iconic stage for the first time, sharing your art with you, adding a string section to the Lez Zeppelin music, and how the band is gearing back up — to pay for college. Steph Paynes, lead guitarist and founder of tribute band Lez Zeppelin, shares her special moments and aspirations with hosts Stacy Igel and Michelle Park.
(Steph’s Instagram: @lezzeppelin and @stephpaynes)
Presented by Keepsake Frames. Print, frame your photos easily and fast from your phone – handmade in the USA and delivered with free shipping. Use discount code #MOMSGOTTHIS at www.keepsakeframes.com for 30% off first order.
In this episode:
- Stacy at the dinner table with family and her son Dylan asked how her day was, moments that surprise you, try to do Friday night dinner as much as possible, don’t do dinner every day together
- Stacy told him pieces of her day
- Steph shares special moments from the last week
- Seeing her son Max play in a band at The Bitter End, where Steph used to play
- Son Harrison enjoying an Elton John album with her
- When Harrison stopped the record and listened to Steph play guitar, and saying he was liking hearing her play
- Seeing mom as a whole person with accomplishments and interests
- If you’re not happy it translates to the kids, tough balance to make it all work
- When Steph’s son was trying to figure out guitar parts, and Steph being able to show him how to do it better, so lucky an experience
- As son goes onto college, trying to figure out
- Band gearing up again, finishing another album, but how does one pay for college
- Very touring physically and mentally demanding to be in a touring band
- Not winding up, getting busier to pay for college
- Adding a string section to newest music and concerts
To share your #MOMSGOTTHIS MOMENT just call 833-844-THIS-MOM (833-844-7666) and leave a voicemail with your first name and city along with your moment.