Scheduling time for the gym and self care, juggling help with kids to attend to business, the miracle of a nanny, a great day care service, connecting in the car instead of TV, when people at work “get it” about motherhood, the priority of speaking Russian with kids, public breastfeeding, and the struggle of private pumping space. Pamela Pekerman, Fashion & Mommy Lifestyle Expert, media personality, Vasculitis advocate, and host of “Hustle Like a Mom”, shares her Mom routines and relationships with hosts Stacy Igel and Michelle Park.
(Pamela’s Instagram: @pamelapekerman)
In this episode:
- Stacy hasn’t been to a specific gym in 6 years
- Stacy has been working out, incorporating it in her schedule
- Going a little later, taking time to go during day, without work guilt of being a company founder, and the process of compartmentalizing
- Self care
- Stacy’s better relationship with her son and husband when she feels better about herself
- Pamela – sporatic help until recently, has missed full TV gigs to attend to a child
- Spent hours each week to coordinate people helping her out
- Great day care: Alphabet Academy on Staten island
- Not using TVs in car, using time in car to connect with kids instead
- Trying to have a schedule that creates blocks of time for specific tasks
- Some people you work with will “get it”, and some will not
- Clients are aware of Pamela’s life, should understand, goes with territory
- When Pamela does rarely cancel she does her best to cover her responsibilities with replacements
- Why full time help now—a storm of insanity
- Needing someone to speak Russian with her kids, as a big priority
- Michelle’s experience with a TV shoot’s obnoxious crew member , when she was needing to pump in trailer
- Opinions on public displays of breastfeeding
- The challenge and adventure of finding spaces to pump
- The time someone walked in on Stacy when she was pumping
Pamela Pekerman is a Mom Lifestyle Expert, TV host and editorial content creator focusing on time-saving style and beauty tips and empowering lifestyle changes. Whether it’s on TV, print, social media or hosting events, Pamela goes beyond the surface to explore why a self-care, wellness routine is essential for a mom’s confidence and contentment.
Pamela shares her smart products finds, time-saving tips, and mama-drama solutions on Good Morning America, EXTRA, VH1, Fox Business and local morning shows like FOX Good Day LA, ABC Good Morning Washington, FOX Good Day NY and NBC Miami Mix.
Pamela works with prestigious media outlets including Parents and Fit Pregnancy, as a host for Facebook LIVE shows, Instagram takeovers and other mom editorial projects that align with her core values of finding time for #MeaningfulMeMoments and finding clever time-saving ways to #AlwaysBeYourBestYou.
Pamela is a mom to two preschoolers, who make her life a mix of magic and madness, while also providing excellent content for her editorial projects, particularly her website PamelaPekerman.com and Instagram posts. Both are a personal reflection of Pamela’s roles as a wife, mom, and entrepreneur.
Pamela currently resides in New York, with her husband, two adorable munchkins and a home full of crazy meets cuddles!
To share your #MOMSGOTTHIS MOMENT just call 833-844-THIS-MOM (833-844-7666) and leave a voicemail with your first name and city along with your moment.