Activism for incarcerated women, a zero-waste womenswear label, raising kids screen-free, giving kids space and autonomy, and some cartoon voices! Alysia Reiner, activist and actress on “Orange Is the New Black”, “Butterbean’s Cafe”, “Better Things”, and the new film “Egg”, shares her mom routines and relationships with Stacy Igel and Michelle Park. (Instagram: @alysiareiner)
In this episode:
- Stacy and Alysia share routines and relationships that are important in their lives
- Alysia talks about her activism work and the issues that are important to her
- Exciting upcoming collaborations from Livari, Alysia’s zero waste womenswear label
- The importance and benefits of raising children as screen-free as possible
- Finding the balance of giving your child space and still being attentive
- Some tips from Alysia on giving children autonomy early on
- A sneak peak at Alysia’s character on Butterbean’s Cafe
Alysia Reiner is best known as “Fig” on ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK for which she won a SAG award. Her dark-comedic feature about motherhood, EGG, premiered at Tribeca film festival 2018, and will be released in January 2019. Reiner stars with Christina Hendricks and Anna Camp, and serves as a producer. Additionally, Reiner produced and stared in EQUITY (bought/distributed by Sony Pictures Classics at Sundance 2016). Reiner also plays “Sunny” in all 3 seasons of F/X’s BETTER THINGS (Peabody Award winner), “Kiki” in season 2 of THE DEUCE, and “D.A. Wendy Parks” on HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. She is passionately committed to protecting the environment (see livariclothing.com) and being a change maker for women. Reiner just returned from speaking at the Power Women Summit, and has been honored with the Voice of a Woman Award, the Moves Power Women Award, the Pioneer in Filmmaking Award, the Founders Award for Support, and recently received a Muse ‘Made In NY’ Award from The Mayor’s Office and NY Women in Film and Television.
To share your #MOMSGOTTHIS MOMENT just call 833-844-THIS-MOM (833-844-7666) and leave a voicemail with your first name and city along with your moment.