The importance of mom friends, an early birth, motherhood as a career factor, work/life balance, and being present and prioritizing. Carolyn Tisch Blodgett, SVP/Head of Global Brand Marketing at Peloton shares her mom journey with Stacy Igel and Michelle Park.
In this episode:
- The importance and benefits of having or making friends who are in the same part of your mom-journey
- Carolyn’s experience with her first child being born 7 weeks early
- How motherhood affected Carolyn’s vision of her work/life balance and prompted a departure from her position at Pepsi to working with the New York Giants and eventually Peloton as VP of Brand Marketing
- Working to maximize your time as a working mom working at a busy startup by trying to be a good mom or be a good employee in those moments, even if that time isn’t balanced
- Not worrying about responding to every single email or notification, but still being present and actively engaged in the work to be done
- The importance to regiment your day and time so that every moment is purposeful, and finding a balance for self-care and making sure you’re healthy enough to take care of familial and work obligations
- How being a parent changes your priorities, from stress meaning responding to lots of emails to wanting to pick up your children from work but being stuck in a meeting
- Plus, Carolyn’s #MOMSGOTTHIS moments with her daughter, Penelope!
To share your #MOMSGOTTHIS MOMENT just call 833-844-THIS-MOM (833-844-7666) and leave a voicemail with your first name and city along with your moment.